Investment Management: A - G
- Aberdeen. Their Graduate Programme is a rotation scheme which gives you experience across different departments.
- Aviva Investors. they offer a global graduate leadership programme which will give you a broad experience of the whole business. You’ll move across projects, teams and functional areas, locally, regionally and globally through three 12-month assignments.
- Axa Investment Managers. The first 18 months, will involve a number if training initiatives designed to help integrate you into the organisation, develop technical skills and competencies and gain professional qualifications. Opportunities exist in roles such as a fund manager, assistant portfolio manager and research analyst.
- Barclays Wealth Investment Managers. It’s a 2.5 year programme which also includes obtaining your CFA exams. You will rotate around 4 different teams. They welcome students or graduates from all degree disciplines.
- Baille Gifford. They offer 3 graduate schemes in either Investment Management, Investment Operations or Information Systems (Infrastructure and Applications). Their Investment Management Programme is 3 years in length and they welcome applications from students with degrees in any subject. Baille Gifford are based in Edinburgh.
- BlackRock. Opportunities exist within Advisory & Client Support, Analytics & Risk, Corporate, Investments, Client Business & Technology. Their global graduate programme is 2 years in length.
- Brewin Dolphin. 1-year programme with time spent across several offices throughout the UK. After the years training, you are assigned to an investment team.
- Coutts (part of RBS Group).Opportunities in London and Edinburgh within the Wealth Management part of RBS which comprises Coutts and Adam & Co. They offer a three-year programme and you’ll train to become either a private banker or relationship manager.
- DBS. A large financial services group based in Asia. They have a number of graduate associate programmes all based in Singapore. they inclide positions in technology & operations, retail banking (sales), retail banking (mangement and SMW banking. They also offer a 2 year Mangement associate Programme based in Asia and a Business Analytics immersion programme also in Singapore.
- Deutsche Bank Asset & Wealth Management. You’ll gain broad exposure through rotations across four areas of the business. Roles include Product Specialists, who develop investment products and uncover new investment opportunities, Relationship Managers, who build a deep understanding of individual client finances, products and markets, and Research Analysts, who identify companies and sectors which might suit client investment needs. You will learn how to utilize investment theory, quantitative tools and research to deliver solutions. Any numerical degree is applicable but particularly relevant are: Accounting, Business Economics, Engineering and Mathematics.
- Erste Financial Services. Erste Financial Services is an independent, internationally operating service provider for the servicing of complex financial portfolios along the entire value chain. They offer
- Fidelity. Opportunities exist within Solutions, Research, Fixed Income, Sales & Marketing, Business Management, O[perational Management, Technology & HR. Find out more about how to prepare for the job assessment process of Fidelity HERE.
Investment Management: H - P
- HSBC Global Asset Management. 18 month full time analyst programme in global asset management. After induction, you will undertake three six-month placements within Sales and/or Client Strategy, Product and Investments. You will also gain some insights into Operations and gain exposure to fundamental elements of institutional and corporate banking. You will also learn how to create and develop innovative, market-leading investment solutions and products.
- ING Bank. The ING International Talent programme is a 3-year rotational programme, where you rotate between assignments, jobs and possibly locations. Most international projects take place in one of the IITP countries; Belgium, China, The Netherlands, Germany, Hong Kong, Luxemburg, Philippines, Poland, Romania, Singapore, Spain, South Korea, Turkey and the UK. They are interested in evidence of leadership skills and business principles such as setting up your own company, participation in committees, playing a sport or a musical instrument to a high standard or Sustainability and/or community work.
- Investec Bank. An 18 month programme where you will experience both front office and operations with Investec Specialist Bank through a range of placements.
- Investment 2020.This is a scheme put together by 13 investment management firms in the UK. They are offering 12 months paid work experience in one of the firms, across a number of business areas such as marketing, IT, infrastructure and investment. At the end of the contract period, you will be considered for a permanent position. The participating comonaies are: Aberdeen, BNP Paribas Securities Service, Cazenove Capital Management, First State Investments, Janus Henderson Investors, JO Hambro, Jupiter, Legal & General Investments, Pension Insurance Corporation, Schroders, Standard Life Investmemts and Threadneedle Investments.
- Janus Henderson Investors. Thier graduate scheme is a two-year training programme with opportunities in Investment Management and Global Distribution. Unlike a traditional Graduate Programme, you will be placed within a team for the majority of the training programme. This enables you to gain deeper knowledge and a better understanding of the team you are working in. You will study for relevent professional qualifications.
- Kames Capital. Opportunities exist within Investment Administration and Professional services, those areas that support their investment management team. They include Change Management, Finance, Fund Service Management, IT, Operations, Performance Analysis, Portfolio Risk Control, Regulatory Risk, Reporting Strategy and Transfer agency. A degree or postgraduate qualification with a focus on a finance / science / maths / economics / IT related discipline is desirable.
- Man Group. They do not offer a graduate scheme, but have opportunities for graduates.
- M&G Investments. 12-18 month schemes with a four week training programme across many business areas; Investment (rotational), Commercial (rotational), Information Systems, Finance & Accounting, Compliance, Human Resources, Operational Risk, Risk and Business & IT Analysis. After the 12-18 months, graduates roll off into permanent posts.
- Morgan Stanley Investment Management. 2 year training programme. You will be hired onto a specific desk during the programme - either sales and marketing or investing. You need a finance or economics degree to apply and prior internship or work experience within the financial markets. There is an additional analyst position in Investment managment in real estate investing (no particular degree required).
Investment Management: R - Z
- Rothschild. They offer graduate positions within Global Financial Advisory and Wealth Management & Trust.
- Ruffer. They offer 2-5 graduate roles per year. The graduate programme has an initial training period in which you are introduced to Ruffer’s investment process and learn the mechanics of the business. When ready you then move to an Investment Associate role in one of the investment teams.
- Schroders. Their graduate programmes cover a number of different business areas, including Investment, Finance, Commercial, Tech, and Risk and Compliance, with opportunities in London, Singapore and China. Their Investment Programme offers analysts positions from day one in equities, fixed income or the multi asset dept. The private bank offers roles as a client executive, analysing portfolios to ensue compliance with the clients risk profile.
- Standard Life. They offer programmes in Standard Life Investments, Sales & Marketing, Accountancy, Legal, Finance, HR, Actuarial and IT.
- SJP. They are one of the Uk's leading wealth management companies and a FTSE 100 company. They offer two graduate entry routes – Rotational or non-rotational Specialist graduate programmes. On the rotational graduate programme you will be based within the head office in Cirencester, where you will spend the first 3 years experiencing six diverse six-month placements across all areas of business. While most placements will be undertaken within head office, at least one will be at a SJP location elsewhere in the UK. In addition you will also complete the MSc in Wealth Management, designed specifically for St. James’s Place in collaboration with the Loughborough University School of Business and Economics. At the end of your 3 year programme and with a breadth of knowledge under your belt, you should be equipped with the skills and experience to take up a long term role in an area of the business that best suits your skills. The non-rotational specialist graduate programme allows you to join a team directly. Perhaps you are looking for a career as an actuary, an investment or finance analyst or simply find the world of risk fascinating. You will be supported in your development through the application of a professional qualification relevant to your chosen career path.