Be aware that the many engineering firms require you to complete online tests. You have to pass these before they even look at your application. Its therefore critical that you practice before hand. You will greatly increase your chances of success. Obtain practice papers HERE
- 3M(12 months).
- British Sugar (1 year). Mechanical & Electrical Engineering, Process Engineering and science
- Cambridge Consultants. full year placements for students studying technical degrees. They are a world-class supplier of innovative product development engineering and technology consulting. Most of their projects deliver protoype hardware or software. You will gain invaluable hands-on experience by working alongside staff on real projects
- ESA –European Space Agency – 3-6 months.
- J&J. Includes a range of comonaies within the group.
- MBDA (Bristol or Stevenage). Engineering/physics. Missile company
- Pfizer. They offer a Uk industrial Trainee Placment scheme. Its 12 months and provides paid placements in Pharmaceutical business, R&D and diversified business. Placements are across their Uk sites: kent, surrey and cambridge. They have a range of degree subjects they are interested in including all science subjects, business, maths and IT.
- Pilkington (12 months)
- Renishaw (1 year): Placements available to students studying either electrical, mechanical, optical & software engineering, physics, maths or manufacturing. Many of them based in Gloucestershire
- Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC). They are keeping the UK at the forefront of international science and tackling key challenges facing global society such as; the environment, energy, climate, biomedical research and global security. STFC support research, innovation and skills within particle physics, astronomy, nuclear physics and space science through UK universities and participation in major international collaborations. They design, build, operate and exploit world leading large scale facilities in the UK and enable access to international facilities. Students can work for 12 months at either the Rutherford Appleton Laboratory (Oxfordshire), Daresbury Laboratory (Warrington) or the STFC Headquarters Swindon as part of their sandwich course.
- Xerox (12 months)
- Astra Zeneca. The Pharmaceutical Development 12-month Sandwich Placement introduces you to the world of ground-breaking drug development, embedding you in highly dedicated teams committed to delivering impactful new medicines to patients.. There are also a number of MedImmune 12 month placements and another in Innovative medicine.
- Bristol Myers Squibb ( 6 months on their co-op programme - US only)
- Lilly A range of 1 year placments IT and marketing (research, brand and digital) in this pharmaceutical company.
- GSK (12 months): Placements available in manufacturing, R&D, communications, finance, supply chain, IT, sales & marketing, HR, procurement and regulatory affairs
- Johnson & Johnson. The Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is comprised of more than 250 operating companies in 57 countries employing 117,000 people. The companies develop and market products in various business segments across the healthcare industry, including pharmaceuticals. There are a number of 12 month placement positions available in the Uk, which are in marketing, supply chain, finance, drug safety, strategy, or external affairs. Some of those are with Janssen. Janssen is one of the industry's leading research based pharmaceutical companies dedicated to addressing and solving some of the most important unmet medical needs of our time in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Positions are in High Wycombe, Maidenhead or Leeds.
- Pfizer (12 months): Placements in Pharmaceutical Business, Diversified Business and R&D across the UK sites (Kent, Surrey, Berkshire and Cambride)