Retail: A - B
Ab agri. AB Agri Ltd is the Agriculture Group of Associated British Foods plc. They are an international business based in the UK delivering products, technology and services to the food, drink and animal feed sectors. They operate at the heart of the agricultural industry and are one of the largest customers and suppliers to UK food and agriculture sectors. It supplies technology-based products and services to farmers, feed and food manufacturers, processors and retailers. It runs three graduate programmes: commercial, supply chain and commercial nutrition. The Commercial programme lasts 18 months to 2 years and is made up of a number of placements spanning 6-9 months in duration which will include sales and procurement. The supply chain programme is 18 months and consists of Manufacturing, Logistics and Engineering. The Commercial Nutritionist graduate scheme runs for a minimum of 13 months and you will be involved in developing products, implementing trials, providing advice to customers etc. Any degree discipline is accepted for the three schemes.
AB Foods. They are one of the biggest food manufacturers in the UK and a major international business. They offer 5 graduate programmes in supply chain & operations, commercial sales, engineering, marketing and technical. They recruit c20 graduates each year to join six businesses. You need 280 UCAS points to apply. For egineering you require either an electrical, chemical or mechanical engineering degree. For the technical role, you must have a food science or food nutrition degree. for the marketing , sales and suppply chain roles, they do not stipulate a degree. The programmes vary in length, from 18 months to 2 years. Some stay in one place, others involve a series of placements.
- ABInBev. AB InBev UK is part of the world’s largest brewer. They produce some of the country’s best-known beer brands, including Stella Artois, Corona, Budweiser and Beck’s as well as local favourites Boddingtons and Bass. They offer a global mangement trainee programme. It is an intensive 10-month rotational training programme.
- Aldi. Their Graduate Training programme is a 12-month scheme, where you will get formal and hands on training in a store for the first few months. After 24 weeks, you gain exposure to logistics, regional offices, accounts, trading and business administration. Then you will move on to area manager training, running a portfolio of stores. Training includes everything from financial planning to store merchandising. Find out more about how to prepare for the job assessment process for Aldi HERE.
- Amazon. There are a number of roles for graduates within Amazon. They are varied and span multiple business areas. Opportunities exist on their Rotational Finance Programme, business & merchant development, e-commerce, Investigation Specilaist, and software development. They also offer an MBA programme which comprises a Retail Regional evelopment Programme, a 5-7 year path to key leadership roles. ( There are also a umber of other MBA roles in Operations, HR, product mangement, finance and infrastructure).
- Arcadia. They recruit all year round into Buying, Merchandising, Finance and Logistics. In the buying role you would start as a Buyers Admin Assistant. For the product areas of the business you need a fashion related degree or buying and merchandising management. Graduate opportunities in Merchandising start with an entry level role as a Merchandising Administration Assistant. There are also opportunities internationally.They are not restrictive on the type of degree for this role, but have a preference for candidates with numerical degrees such as BSc Business Management, International Business, Accounting and Finance, Maths, Economics, and Humanities degrees in Geography, English, Psychology, and Sociology.
The Finance role involves a rotation comprising three phases – Buying & Merchandising Finance, Retail Finance and a Group Role looking at central costs. You will also study towards your CIMA exams.The Logistics Programme requires you to ensure that the stores have the right stock at the right time. Due to the analytical nature they look for candidates with the following degrees; BSc Business Management, International Business, Accounting and Finance, Maths, Economics and Psychology. Find out more about how to prepare for the job assessment process for Arcadia HERE.
- Argos. They are looking for graduates in digital and software engineering. There are a range of roles in each area.
- Arla Foods. They are a 13,500-strong dairy farmer cooperative, making the kost out of milk. Their graduate scheme consists of three job rotations of eight months each, within different business groups and funtional areas. You enter at least one international position in one of Arla's subsidiaries e.g. in Denmark, Sweden, Finland, UK, Germany, Poland, Argentina, USA, China or Dubai. Also, at least one of your positions will be at Arla's headquater in Aarhus, Denmark. You need a degree or a masters in Engineering, Business Studies, International Business Studies or Marketing.
- Arqiva. They are a leading communications infrastructure and media services company providing much of the infrastructure behind television, radio, satellite and wireless communications in the UK. They offer a range of gradute programmes. They specifically look for those studying Engineering, IT, Maths, Physics or Telecommunications related degrees. Programmes are within engineering, technology or commercial.
- ASDA. They offer 3 programmes. The Fast Track trading programme is 2 years in length and provides the pathway to become a buying manager. You will learn about everything from Marketing to Merchandising, from Pricing to Promotions and from Analysing Profits to Negotiating with Suppliers. The Retail Graduate Programme provides a 2 years in length design ed to give you the knowledge and training to run your own £1m+ store after 3 years. Alternativley you could go straight into a finctional role in Head Office. These include anything from marketing, digital, finance, HR, product development, supply chain, retail operations or legal.
- ASOS. They do not currently have a graduate programme but they do hire graduates. They recruit entry level positions across all areas of the business offering a structured training and development programme. Opportunities can exist in Marketing, PR, eCommerce, Buying, Merchandising, Garment Technology, Design, Logistics, Supply Chain, CSR and IT.
- ATG. Ambassador Theatre Group is the UK’s biggest commercial theatre owner and operator and offers a graduate scheme in theatre management and administration. The programme lasts two years with a broad range of placements in the first year to develop a strong business foundation, followed by specialist placements in the second year. ATG owns theatres all over the UK, and its head offices are in London and Woking. No particular degree discipline is required.
- Baakavor Group. They specialise in making and developing private label prepared foods for the top global grocery retailers and well-known international foodservice operators. They offer a an Accelerated Management Scheme (AMS) which provides a fast track route for graduates. They offer seven schemes focusing on different areas of the business and all schemes provide a fast track route to senior management. All schemes will provide you with exposure across the broader business including different product categories, different customers and different sites across the UK and possibly Europe. You will need to be flexible with locations as our sites are located throughout the UK and your placements could take you from the south of England to Scotland. All schemes are based on you completing a small number of placements in different business units doing real jobs from day one. The schemes on offer include development, finance, commercial, HR, manufacturing and technical. They are 2 yaers in length (a couple are 3) with 2 or 3 12 month placements. A food related degree or science degree is relevent for some of the schemes. The manufacturing scheme requires engineering. A business, economics or marketing degree is also applicable for the commercial scheme.
- Boots. They offer a number of graduate programmes that include the Brand, Buying & Marketing Programme. This is a two-year scheme providing hands-on experience in two jobs in the areas of Buying, Brand and/or Marketing. You'll also get to do a placement in one of the stores. The Retail Management Programme is about learning by doing and experiencing retailing first-hand, so you will spend time in the stores. The Technology Leadership is a varied 2-year programme based in Nottingham where you’ll experience three jobs in Solution Delivery, Service and the IT Business Office. The Finance Programme is three years in length and they will fund your professional qualifications. You will be based in Nottingham where you will rotate in Financial Accounting, Management Information and Business Partnering.
- Bosch. Their Graduate Specialist Programme involves four to six assignments in the functional area of your choice, within a period of 24 months, probably rotating to different Bosch sites in the UK. Positions normally are available within Controlling, Engineering, Purchasing, R&D, Sales & Marketing and Technical Sales, but this may vary. You are also supported by seminars.
B&Q. They offer a range of roles from Digital, through to Commercial and Finance. There are also graduate roles in Kingfisher and Screwfix.
Practice tailored psychometric tests similar to the ones used by B&Q HERE.
Brightsource. A marketing services and technology company. Specialising in the charity, travel and finance sectors, they manage direct mail and online campaigns - from planning and design, through to data, delivery, website build and carbon footprinting. They have three offices in Cheltenham, London and Edinburgh. You will be based in Cheltenham and you will be trained in client service skills, project management, the use of behavioural science in direct marketing, fund raising techniques and creative and conceptual thinking.
Retail: C - G
- Coca Cola Enterprises. The University Talent Programme is Coca-Cola Enterprises' graduate programme that prepares top talent for management-level roles. They offer a structured career track within Business Technology, Human Resources, Sales & Marketing and Supply Chain. It is a 3-year programme, during which you will have several rotations in real roles. In the Business Technology scheme you will have 3 rotations within Supply chain, project design, optimization of quality of solutions. In HR, you will rotate in HR Shared Services and then work in one of the centres of expertise or an HR project. In sales and marketing you will spend your first year in field sales and then integrate into the sales & marketing teams in areas such as shopper marketing, national accounts. The supply chain programme rotates in the operations and manufacturing teams for the first 2 years and finally in one of supply chain central functions.
- Compass Group. They are the world’s largest contract catering organisation and support services business. and the 9th biggest employer in the world and a top 30 company on the FTSE 100. They offer a graduate development programme and a finance programme. The graduate programme is 2 years in length and you’ll be exposed to many major organisations from Tesco to Google and also high profile events and venues such as The O2 and The Grand National. The finance graduate role is based in Birmingham and happy to study for accountancy exams.
- Danome. They offer three graduate programmes: Sales & Marketing, Business Partnering and Nutrition. The Sales & Marketing Programme enables you to experience two different commercial roles: one in Sales and one in Marketing. Through this programme you will get close to consumers and understand how to build market leading brands. The Business Partnering Programme will provide a number of rotations across multiple areas, including Human Resources, Supply Chain and Finance. The Nutrition programme involves working at the hub of nutritional innovation, research, quality and education. You’ll have the opportunity to work across two businesses (Danone Baby Nutrition and Nutricia), undertaking two placements: one with Medical Affairs teams and the other in a Medical Sales role. You require a relevant degree for this role.
- Debenhams. As a graduate you can join the Store Management Trainee Programme, or alternatively start with in Head Office going directly into a job role. The Store Management Trainee Programme is 12 months and allows you to break into retail management. In 12 months you will become a sales manager. Head Office roles include Buying & Design, Allocation & merchandising, Marketing & print, eCommerce, Property & Space Planning, Information Systems. Supply Chain and logistics, HR, Legal and Finance. Learn more about Debenhams assessment process and online tests HERE.
- DHL. They offer a number of programs running across the Europe region, and applications for these programs will open at different times of the year. They include operations, procurement and finance. Graduates completing the Finance & Procurement programs will also have the opportunity to complete professional qualifications in these areas.
- Diageo. They recruit for a number of global graduate programmes throughout the year, which are generally all 3 years in length. You can apply for graduate placements in one of five business areas: Marketing, Sales, Human Resources, Finance and Supply. Most of the programmes involve three rotations.
- Dpd. They are one of the UK's largest carriers and distribution netowrks and offer a graduate programme. A variety of roles across the Uk. You have to be prepared to travel and work anywhere in the UK.
- Dyson. They are looking for over 100 graduates based principally in Malmesbury. The graduate jobs fall into four key areas: Finance, IT, engineering and sales & Marketing. As a design engineer, based in Malmesbury you are given freedom and resources to experiment, learn and improve. They are looking for graduates of any discipline. in marketing you could become involved in product strategy, customer research, social media, PR, events, creative services, slaes, and new product launches.
- EE. They run six graduate schemes. All of them last for two years, and incorporate a number of rotations to make sure you get a comprehensive understanding of your chosen business area. Opportunities exist in commercial channel and trading, contact centre leadership, digital, finance, marketing and strategy and project delivery.
- Enterprise (rent-a-car). They offer a Graduate Management Trainee Programme which is based in one of their branches, where you will learn all the business skills you need to manage it yourself. The hands on business training includes; management skills, business management,marketing, sales, customer services and fleet control. There’s also the opportunity to specialise if you find an area of the business you’re particularly interested in, for example HR, Marketing or Finance. You’ll start off as a management trainee and in as little as eight to twelve months, you could move up to a management assistant. From there, in your next year, you’ll continue your training and you could become an assistant manager. That’s when you’ll receive a percentage of the profits generated by your branch, which means your earnings will be directly related to your performance. Opportunities exist throughout the UK.
- FaceBook. They offer account management positions in Dublin.
- Fenwick. 11 department stores across the Uk. They offer a graduate buyers scheme, a structured training programme which will teach you all you need to know about buying. You will learn about commercial trading techniques, sales floor operations, stock managment, finance, stock selection & planning and dept administration.
- Google. They offer an Online Media Associate Programme. This is a 2 year career development program which offers international graduates from all academic disciplines an insight into online business, advertising and new technologies. The program is available in both their European Headquarters in Dublin, Ireland and the Wroclaw office in Poland. They also have another role in Dublin in sales – Large Customer Sales Operations Leader. You will work in close conjunction with the Dublin large customer sales lead to develop and implement strategy.
- GSK. Future Leader Graduate programmes exist in Communications, Engineering & Supply Chain, Finance, HR, IT, Programme Management, Procurement and R&D. Most are either 2 or 3 years in length. Practice tailored psychometric tests similar to the ones used by GSK HERE.
Retail: H - M
- Halfords. Their two-year programme provides graduates with an opportunity to gain experience in the Commercial and Marketing teams, spending time in a Buying role and in Marketing or E-Commerce. As part of your induction you will spend time working in the stores. The rest of your time you will be divided between a placement in the Trading, Marketing and Digital teams. In the 6 months you'll spend with the Trading team, you'll get to see a product through its complete life cycle. From product development and sourcing to forecasting sales, to merchandising the product in store and creating promotions, you will get to be there every step of the way. Their Promotions team works closely with our Category and Store teams to develop, implement and manage the entire in store promotional activities. During a placement in Digital you'll work closely with the category teams to implement promotions and push sales. You'll get stuck in cutting edge projects that are integral to Halfords' growth in today's online market. The scheme operates out of Redditch
- Harrods. They look for self-motivated individuals with a passion for retail, management, success and luxury! The programme is 18 months and consisits of regular training, seminars, workshops, on the job experience and one to one coaching.
- Heineken. Their International Graduate Programme (IGP) is available in either Commerce (Marketing & Sales), Supply Chain (Sourcing, Transformation and Distribution) Finance, HR, Corporate Relations or IT. It consists of an induction of one week and then three international placements each lasting 6 months. This is combined with a training and support programme. Ideally they prefer graduates with a Masters degree, that are multi lingual (at least 3 languages), have at least 2 years work experience with 6 months abroad and if applying for Supply Chain have a science or engineering background.
- House of Fraser. They recruit into the areas of Buying and Merchandising and also have other opportunities within their Retail Stores, PR, Marketing, Finance, ecommerce, HR, IT, Retail Support and Visual Merchandising. For a Merchandising role you need proven retail experience combined with an analytical degree. You will take on an Allocator role, which ensures customers receive their products in the right quantities at the right time. For a Buying role you require retail experience combined with a fashion related degree. The role is based in London and you will start as a Buying Assistant.
- Iceland. They have Head Office roles, Store roles and Field roles. Their Head Office is based in North Wales and opportunities exist in Buying, Merchandising, Marketing, Customer Services, Finance, IT, HR and Support Services.
- John Lewis. They offer 6 graduate programmes. These include buying, merchandising, technology, finance, retail management and leadership in Waitrose in Bracknell. The first 4 schemes are based in the head office in London. Learn more about John Lewis assessment process and online tests HERE.
- Kerry. They are a global provider of food ingredients and flavours serving the food and beverage industry, and a supplier of foods to the Irish and UK markets.Graduates recruited by Kerry join a well-structured training and development programme aimed at building solid foundations for a long term career. Embracing both offsite and onsite training, programmes are designed by management teams through discussion with each graduate. They welcome applications from any degree discipline.
- KFC. They offer a graduate operational leadership scheme. It is an intensive training and development programme that will give you the opportunity to gain critical experiences in restaurant operations, team leadership and business management. On completion of the scheme, you will play a leadership role in one of our biggest restaurants and significantly contribute to the profit and performance of KFC UK&I.
- Kingfisher. They offer a number of graduate programmes including - an international commercial programme, where you will spend time in 2 different countries, an IT programme and a retail mangement programme at B&Q. B&Q, with the aim of being capable of becoming a B&Q store manager within 2-3 years. All three are 2 year programmes.
- B&Q. Offer a ‘Fast Track’ Retail Management Programme, with the aim of being capable of becoming a B&Q store manager within 2-3 years.
- Kraft Heinz. They offer a European Graduate scheme. 4.5 month programme with training weeks in: People & Legal, Sales, Marketing, Finance, Operations and R&D. You will also work on a 10-week real business project in one functional area. You need a 2.1 to apply in any degree discipline. You need to be willing to travel and relocate within Europe.
- Lidl. They have a number of graduate programmes which include: buying, store management, area managment, Warehouse (transport, logistics and distribution), property and head office which provides strategic support to the stores. There are also international opportunities which take the form of a 24 month programme which provides an insight into sales and warehouse and then allows you to specilaise in either: Purchasing, IT, Central Services (procurement, logistics and property) or Administration. They have offices and stores throughout the Uk and Europe and their head office is in Wimbledon.
- L'Oreal. Every year L’Oreal offer up to 40 places in diverse roles across Commercial, Marketing, Supply Chain and Finance. Their Management Training Scheme lasts for one year and is made up of three four-month placements across a variety of business areas. You will receive a minimum of 12 days training seminars in your first year. They also offer three prospective start dates (September, January or June) as well as the option of deferring your start date.
- Majestic Wine Warehouse. Each year they recruit graduates into their store teams and train them to become the future leaders of our fast-moving business. This will give you an insight into the world of wine.Their aim is to prepare you for a position managing your own store. They believe that from trainee manager through to assistant Manager to Store Manger usually takes 3 years.
- Marks & Spencer. They offer a number of graduate schemes. These include iRetail Management, Buying, Merchandising, Design, Fabric/garment technology, food technology, food buyer, M&S.com, IT business analyst, IT Software engineering, logistics & supply chain and marketing. Most involve an initial 12-18 months training. Learn more about M&S assessment process and online tests HERE.
- Mars. They have a number of graduate programmes, which include General Management (MMDP), European Finance, Engineering, Purchasing and R&D. Their Mars Management Development Programme comprises three 12-month placements, which will have a supply or demand bias. Supply includes areas like Manufacturing Operations, Supply Chain, Purchasing and R&D. Demand covers Marketing, Sales and HR. The European Finance Development Programme consists of three 12-month placements working in supply finance, consumer finance and financial control. You could be working at any of Mars sites and in any of their categories (Chocolate, Petcare, Food, Drinks or Gum & Confections).
The Purchasing role comprises two 12-month placements. You could find yourself sourcing emerging technology to enhancing production lines, negotiating improved payment terms to delivering cost savings, or scouring the world to find new and better suppliers. The Engineering role comprises three different placements of eight months each, working closely with Production, Maintenance or R&D on anything from developing a new production line, or a site-wide heating system to installing a new robotic wrapping machine. The R&D role comprises three placements of 8 months each. It provides exposure to both the chocolate and petcare business units. Typically, they’ll cover product development, technology and the interface between R&D and manufacturing.Mars has sites in Berkshire, Leicestershire and Yorkshire.
- McDonalds. Progressive Young Farmer Scheme. if you are s
- Microsoft. Their UK MACH Graduate programme offers 3 different streams. One is in sales and another in project mangement and business consulting. In the sales roles you will be trained on the full range of products. You will be responsible for devising sales strategies and building rock-solid client relationships. Your sales training will be both broad and in-depth. In the project mangement and business consulting role you will join as either an Account Manager or Delivery Project Manager, and work closely with some of their biggest enterprise customers. When you’re not managing client relationships, you’ll be solving problems and coming up with ways to deliver infrastructure services. Positions are in London or Reading.
- Mitchells & Butlers. They run the five Graduate Schemes which include a Retail Scheme gives you access to a large portfolio of household name brands where you'll learn all the skills you need to manage a pub or restaurant. And after 2 years of on-the-job training, tailored off-site courses and e-learning, you'll have the knowledge and confidence to take charge of your own pub or restaurant. In addition there are graduate schemes in Finance, Marketing and Area Managment which are 8 years training schemes. There is also a scheme in HR.
- Mondeluz (Cadburys). Programmes exist in engineering, supply chain & logistics, sales & marketing, finace, HR and R&D & quality. Each scheme last 3 yaers and you could be in Banbury, Bournville, Reading, Uxbridge or Ireland.
- Monsoon/Accessorize. They don't offer graduate schemes however they do have a range of entry level career opportunities ranging from a Buyers Administration Assistant or Design Assistant through to a Retail Accounts Assistant or Floor Manager.
- Morrisons. There are numerous graduate programmes. They include; Finance, Food Technical., Group Wide (2 years), Instore, IT, Logistics, Manufacturing, Merchandising, Personnel & training, Property & Development (construction & Real estate based in Yorkshire), Retails Operations, Supply Chain, Trading (buying) and Trading technical. Find out more about how to prepare for the job assessment process for Morrissons HERE.
- Musgrave. Musgrave is a private company who deliver the sourcing, sales, marketing and supply chain expertise so local entrepreneurs can go head-to-head with the international supermarket chains. As a family-owned business, they support thousands of other family businesses and their local communities in Ireland, UK and Spain. The Musgrave Graduate Development programme is a flexible, project-based placement system. It has been designed to fit around a real role in a functional area of the business. The duration of the graduate programme is two years, which may be slightly extended for Finance graduates, depending upon final exams. They have Graduate positions in the following areas: Trading, Retail Ops and Finance.
Retail: N - S
- Neilsen. They are a market research company based in Oxford. They have offices in c100 countries and provide their clients with detailed consumer information. They offer a full graduate programme. They work within the following industries: advertising, telecom, online, FMCG, financial services and books. Opportunities vary and you could be managing projects, designing world-class questionnaires or serving as a consultant between clients, analyst teams and operations departments.
- Nestle. They offer a wide range of graduate programmes within Engineering, Finance, HR, Marketing, Quality Assurance, Sales, Supply Chain and Manufacturing & Focused Improvement. You need to be geographically mobile within UK. All the programmes comprise a one-week induction plus two leadership training interventions, a cross functional business project and a graduate development centre. The programme lasts 18 months to 3 years depending on function. Find out more about how to prepare for the job assessment process of Nestle HERE.
- Next. They do not have a formal gradate scheme but they do offer trainee roles in Buying, Merchandising, Design and Technology. All the roles are based in Leicester.
- Ocado. They offer a Technology Graduate scheme aimed at computer science graduates. Take a look at their dedicated technology careers site. In addition they have several other development programmes in Operations Management, Retail and HR. The Retail scheme is made up of placements across Trading, Marketing, Supply Chain, Non-Food and Own Brand amongst others.
- Omnicom Group. Omnicom Group is a leading global advertising and marketing communications services company. Omnicom's branded networks and numerous specialty firms provide advertising, strategic media planning and buying, digital and interactive marketing, direct and promotional marketing, public relations and other specialty communications services to more than 5,000 clients in more than 100 countries. They offer the Accelerate Programme which has four streams: Healthcare Marketing, Customer Relationship Management, Brand Managment and Corporate Reputation Management. Accelerate moves you between Omnicom’s agencies, giving you challenging and varied experience in all aspects of marketing.
- Pepsico. Their core brands are Walkers, Quaker, Tropicana and Pepsi - but their business also includes a range of other products, including Snack a Jacks, SunBites and Naked Juice. They offer a range of student placements in marketing, Business and Information Services, Finance, R&D and Procurement.
- Proctor & Gamble. Your Career in P&G can start in any of the different Business Functions. This includes Marketing and Customer Business Development, technical roles around the supply chain (Manufacturing, Engineering, Logistics or Purchasing), R&D, Finance, Information Technology (IDS), Market Research (CMK), or Human Resources. They take c120 graduates each year. Most functions welcome applicants from any degree discipline. Product Supply requires an engineering degree and R&D requires an engineering or science degree. The projects will often have an international nature and span beyond national boundaries. Practice tailored psychometric tests similar to the ones used by P&G HERE
- Red Bull. The Red Bull Graduate Programme is an intense 18 month deep dive into the business. Programmes are offered in: Marketing, Sales, Finance, Operations, IT and HR. Thye require you to have an interest in sales and marketing, excellent academic record and extra curricular activities and a proven history of managing complex projects. The opportunities may be in any of their European offices or their head office in Austria. Practice tailored psychometric tests similar to the ones used by Red Bull here.
- RB. Graduate Schemes in the UK include Marketing & Sales, R&D, Finance and Supply. The Supply Chain Management programme is 2 years in length and requires a science or engineering degree. The finance is a 2-3 year programme.
- Sainsbury's. They offer three core programmes: Commercial, Operations or People. The Commercial Programme gives you exposure to the full product lifecycle, from Buying through to Marketing. You'll gain an insight into supplier engagement and managing product profitability During Phase One, you will complete two six-month placements. The first is in Buying and the 2nd in Marketing. During Phase Two, you will spend three years in roles with measurable business objectives, such as marketing, planning store layouts, launching a new own-label and experience in a management role in an Operations environment.
- Samsung. They offer an 18 month opportunity for graduates. Their graduate roles are based at Samsung’s UK and European Head Quarters in Chertsey, Surrey. Roles include marketing, sales, HR and finance.
- Schroders. This investment Management firm offers a number of graduate schemes. One is their Commercial programme which is a two-year development programme where you’ll gain experience on a number of rotations across different client-focused teams. It’s designed to develop your skills as a dynamic and agile sales and marketing professional and provide practical and theoretical experience on placements in some of these business areas.
- Selfridges. They do not offer a graduate scheme however they do recruit for a number of entry-level roles across areas of the business, such as Buying & Merchandising, where their Buying Administrators and Allocator entry-level roles are great career starting points, especially if you have administration experience and a relevant fashion or design degree.
- Ski Solutions. They are offering 2 different roles within the ski area: an after sales executive and an after sales administrator. They are seasonal roles based in London with the possibility of a permanent role for the right candidate. As part of our After Sales team you will be responsible for every aspect of the booking process once the client has confirmed their holiday. As part of our admin team you will be responsible for supporting clients and After Sales Executives with all administrative aspects of the booking process. They are also offering a sales admin role within their cycling division.
- Sotheby's. They are a global art business acting as auctioneers as well as offering private sales galleries, global exhibitions, wine and diamonds financing and art education. They offer graduates in Uk and Europe a 12 month training programme. You will complete 12 months of rotations in various departments and attend regular lectures, workshops, and museum visits with senior executives and work on projects with peers. Upon completion of the programme, selected Trainees will be placed in permanent positions. They want a strong academic record, a passion for learning, high emotional IQ and international experience and fluency in foreign languages would be advantageous. They also offer unpaid internships in their New Bond Street offices.
Retail: T - Z
- Tate & Lyle. Tate & Lyle Sugars specifically look for graduates in Operations – in specialist areas such as Packing and Engineering. They are also keen to hear from you if you are interested in other disciplines, such as Supply Chain, Finance and Commodity Trading.
- Taylor Wimpey. They are one of the largest house builders in the UK. They run a general graduate programme which is a 2 year rotational scheme divided into 4 separate 6 month placements, where you will spend time in all areas of the Taylor Wimpey business including; production, commercial, technical, sales and marketing, customer service, land and finance. You need a 2.1 degree in any subject. They also run a specific finance programme - you must be studying for a degree in a course relating to Finance, for example Economics or Business Finance.
- Tesco. They offer 21 graduate programmes within Business Operations, Retail Operations or Commercial Operations as well as opportunities in Europe and Asia. For the later, you need to contact the country offices directly. Business Operations includes progarmmes within customer analysis, marketing, personnel, finance, supply chain, property, technology and digital retailing. Retail operations include programmes in stores, distribution, pharmacy, optometry and support. Commercial operations include programmes within quality and technical, procurement, F&F, telecoms, food and general merchandise. Learn more about Tesco assessment process and online tests HERE
- The co-operative. They offer five graduate programmes. These include Business Management (2 years), CIMA Finance (3 years), HR (2 years), Retail Operations (2 years), IT leadership (3 years). All the programmes consist of an induction programme and a series of placements.
- Third Bridge. They provide unbiased research and access to industry experts who can offer unique insights into companies and markets to support investment decisions for their clients. They have six offices globally. Though they employ graduates in all departments, most join the Connections team as Research Analysts.
- TK Maxx. TJX Europe is part of The TJX Companies, Inc. – the world’s leading Off-Price apparel and home fashions retailer in the world with an annual turnover of nearly $26 billion. They offer 3 graduate programmes in Merchandising & Buying, Finance and business technology.
- Unilever. Their Future Leaders Programme (UFLP) is available within the following business areas: Financial Management;Supply Chain Management; Customer Management (Sales); Business & Technology Management; Human Resources; Research and Development; Marketing; China Programme and Asia, Middle East, Africa and Russia (AMEAR) Programme.All trainees on the UFLP start a comprehensive development programme from day one and follow a Learning & Development Roadmap. The programme concentrates on formal learning (professional qualifications and business training), learning through people (mentor and coaching) and learning through experience on assignments.Generally they do not specify a certain type of discipline, except for Research and Development.
- United Biscuits. They offer a 2 year graduate programmes in supply chain, procurement, technical and commercial. During this time you’ll complete up to nine development modules specially designed to develop your business acumen, project management skills, presentation skills and leadership abilities.
- Virgin Media. They offer a number of graduate schemes including a 3 year programme in commercial operations. This covers a number of areas such as brand & marketing, customer services, sales, product, content and digital and comprises six rotations across essential consumer business disciplines. Another graduate scheme is offered with Virgin Media business where you will train to be Account Manager, Commercial Manager, Product Manager or Technical Consultant. Rotating between Sales, Service and Operations (that’s Commercial, Marketing and Propositions, Product and Customer Solutions) areas of the business, there are placements in Manchester and Hook. Also is Hook is the graduate programme for HR. You need a HR based degree for this 3 year programme. Also on offer is the gradaute programme in finance, although you do not need a finance degree and a number of technical and engineering programmes.
- Vodafone. The Graduate Discover Programme is 2 years in length. You will spend the first two months in one of their retail stores. For stages 2 and 3, you’ll spend five months each working in different teams. Positions could be in their head office in Newbury, at their call centres in Stoke-on-Trent or Newark or out on the road with the sales team.
- Whitbread. They own a number of household brands such as Costa and Premier Inns. Opportunities exist in HR, operations, finance, technology and marketing. The graduate programmes will help you develop your skills, build a network of contacts and gain exposure in a range of areas and roles. You’ll also acquire function-specific experience, technical training and support for the professional qualifications you wish to work towards.
- WH Smith. Generally Graduates are recruited straight into key roles. You'll have a full induction to the business, support with devising a development plan and core development workshops to attend.
Wilko. They are a large retailer specialising in home, garden, beauty and health products based in Worksop, near Nottingham and Sheffield. They offer a range of graduate marketing schemes including Marketing Planning (events), Online Marketing and Marketing Insight (research). They also offer an IT programme. All the schemes are 18 months in length and commence in one of their stores. More information about what the company does can be found here.