Aaron Evans Architects, situated in Bath, offer work experience via local schools and colleges.
ASDA offers work experience for 14-16 year olds for pupils in years 10 and 11. It's for 1 or 2 weeks in one of their supermarkets. You won't just be filling shelves but getting a taste of what the running of a supermarket is all about. You will mix with a range of people and get involved in the day to day work. This is a great opportunity to how the retail industry operates.
To apply you need to complete their application form on their website and also a personaility questionnaire (for practice). Before your work experience, you will be asked to attend an informal interview.
Ambitious about Autism offer a number of opportunities for students suffering from Autism. These include:
- Health Education England. 4 weeks in Bristol open to anyone with autism aged 18-24. You need to have an interest in data and visually representing finds as well as well as organising files and information.
- Civil Service. An exciting three-week work experience in London at the Civil Service is being offered to young people with autism, aged between 16 and 25 who have achieved a minimum of 2 GCSE's (or equivalent) in English and maths at Grade A*-C (or 4-9) or above. The opportunity will provide you with the chance to experience the Civil Service first-hand, gaining insight into the variety of day-to-day work activities. As part of the experience, you will also be offered the opportunity to participate in developmental coaching sessions during the programme.
BNP Paribas Real Estate is Europe’s leading provider of integrated commercial real estate services, delivering solutions for property owners, investors and occupiers. They offer a national two week work experience programme for school pupils to give you an overview of the working environment and a taster of possible careers within property. Applications can be sent in on an ad hoc basis.
Boots offer a Work Inspiration scheme for 14-19 year olds in their Nottingham head office. This is 2 weeks in length and open to 100 students. It usually runs in June. There are a number of areas that you can select to work within, including: Commercial (branding and marketing), Customer Care, HR, Finance, IT, Manufacturing, Opticians and Group. You will receive inspirational talks from Boots leaders; work in teams to complete challenges and, at the end of your placement, face their very own Boots Dragons Den! They will try to match you to your preferred area of the business i.e. Finance, HR, Brand etc…. You’ll have the chance to develop your skills, grow your confidence, learn about the world of business – and start making your CV stand out from the crowd. Ao apply, you need to do so through the Boots website.
British Airways since 2009 have been inviting students from local schools and colleges for placements of five days in a variety of departments across the organisation. competition for places is fierce so apply early.
Who can apply?
- Students attending school or college within 20 miles of either Heathrow or Gatwick airport (this does not apply to children of BA employees)
- Students who are in full time education at year 10 or above
- Students who are part of an official work experience week organised by their school or college
Gardiner & Theobold are one of the world’s leading independent construction and property consultancies and are offering work experience for GCSE or A Level students who are thinking about a career in construction. The aim is to give an introduction to the industry and to help you understand the type of work you might be involved in as a Cost Manager or Project Manager. You will be involved in one to two weeks of structured work experience which will include amongst other things detailed information on site and office health and safety, marketing documents, attending meetings and site visits, working on measurement and costing documents. You will also have the opportunity to meet with our current graduates and trainees to see what their views of working in the industry are.
They have offuces throughout the UK.
George at Asda offers many opportunities to join different teams at George House, their Head office in Lutterworth, throughout the year. They provide work experience placements in areas such as Buying, Design, Merchandising, Sourcing, Marketing, Ecommerce, Garment Technology, Visual Merchandising, International and Supply. They also offer a limited number of work experience placements at their London Design Studio on Carnaby Street.
The placements are unpaid.
The mix of skills needed include:
- Strong commercial skills
- Creative and innovative
- Trend awareness and an eye for fashion
- Communication skills (verbal and written)
- Organisational skills
- An understanding of the customer
- Presentation skills
- PC Skills
- Ability to work at pace
Hays Travel is the UKs largest independent travel agents. They have over 100 retail branches across the North East, North Yorkshire, North West and South of England and a large call centre in Stockton.
Kent County Council offers a broad range of wok experience in the following areas:
- mental health
- Information Technology
- care work
- communications and engagement
- Kent Scientific Services
- satellite services - an insight into health and social care
- sports and leisure
- countryside access
- social care for older adults
- Kentish Stour Countryside Partnership
- Medway Valley Countryside Partnership
- North West Kent Countryside Partnership
You need to apply online stating the placement area you are most interested in. Make sure you research the area you are interested in.
RLB are a property consultancy with offices throughout the UK. They offer work placement to A Level students.
- Why you wish to gain work experience with Rider Levett Bucknall
- Which office you would like to work in
- What dates you are looking to join them
- What discipline interests you the most and why (Quantity Surveying, Building Surveying, Project Management or Specialist Advisory)
- SJP. They are one of the leading wealth management companies in the UK. Their internships vary in duration between 6 and 10 weeks depending on the role or departmental needs and are mainly available within the head office in Cirencester. The internship also provides a comprehensive programme of skills training and development. If you are currently studying for your A levels or equivalent qualifications, this summer internship programme may be just the thing for you. There are no minimum academic entry requirements to apply for an internship, but you need a real and demonstrable desire to work at SJP, a sound knowledge of the organisation and an enthusiasm to get involved