The Engineering Education Schemeis an EDT Programme, which links teams of four Year 12 (A level) students and their teacher with local companies to work on real, scientific, engineering and technological problems.
The scheme provides you with an in-depth experience in science, engineering and technology.
The programme is 6 months and includes:
- Hands-on work experience as part of a team
- Experience of problem solving, working on a project that is relevant to a local company
- Use of a university engineering workshops to develop, build and test solutions to the problem
- Professional skills lectures on Communications and Project Management
- The opportunity to develop technical skills and see school physics, chemistry, technology etc applied in an industrial environment
- An opportunity to meet professional and graduate engineers, scientists and technologists
- Experience in presenting your solution, in a formal verbal presentation and written technical report, to a panel of senior professional engineers
Students receive an EES National Certificate on successful completion of the programme and a Duke of Edinburgh Skills Certificate. They will also get the opportunity to compete for a British Association (BA) CREST Award.
Ideally you should be studying AS level Mathematics or Higher Mathematics, preferably with a science and/or technology subject or alternatively an appropriate vocational course. You should also have a genuine interest in science, engineering or technology, or a serious desire to discover more about it, and be able to work effectively as part of a team.
Complementary subjects such as Business Studies, Economics, IT and a foreign language are also valuable.
The project will require about 100 hours from you in total, which works out about 2-3 hours a week, in addition to the time spent at the university Residential Workshop.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
To apply for this job please visit track.studentladder.co.uk.