User anonymity and personal information
Log files are maintained and analysed of all requests for files on this website’s web servers. Log files do not capture personal information but do capture the user’s IP address, which is automatically recognised by our web servers.
Aggregated analysis of these log files is used to monitor website usage. These analyses may be made to available to Student Ladder staff and partner agencies to allow them to measure, for example, overall popularity of the site and typical user paths through the site.
Except as stated already, Student Ladder will make no attempt to identify individual users. You should be aware, however, that access to web pages will generally create log entries in the systems of your ISP or network service provider. These entities may be in a position to identify the client computer equipment used to access a page. Such monitoring would be done by the provider of network services and is beyond the responsibility or control of Student Ladder.
Student Ladder will make no attempt to track or identify individual users, except where there is a reasonable suspicion that unauthorised access to systems is being attempted. In the case of all users, Student Ladder reserves the right to attempt to identify and track any individual who is reasonably suspected of trying to gain unauthorised access to computer systems or resources operating as part of Student Ladder web services.
As a condition of use of this site, all users must give permission for Student Ladder to use its access logs to attempt to track users who are reasonably suspected of gaining, or attempting to gain, unauthorised access.
All log file information collected by Student Ladder is kept secure and no access to raw log files is given to any third party.
We collect information from you online, via the contact form that you complete. This is voluntary. We do not sell your data or share it with advertisers or employers. Our domain name has an SSL certificate meaning that when you put data into the contact form it is secure and cannot be hacked. If you purchase an e-booklet from us, we do not retain any payment information. We store this personal data but do not use it.
We store your information in two places. The back end of our website and in Constant Contact, the newsletter software we use. The way the data gets from the back end to Constant Contact is via the Constant Contact Application Programming Interface.Nobody but The Student Ladder has access to this data.
How we use your personal data
We send you newsletters or emails that in the main contain information about job opportunities. We control the content of all correspondence and only send you information that we think is relevant. Employers or advertisers never have access to your data. At any time, you can request to unsubscribe from our newsletters. This facility is provided in all communications. Due to our service being free to students and graduates we will at a times send e-mails from third parties, to help provide resources for this service to remain free to our users.
Links to employer sites
We provide numerous links to 3rd party sites. Whilst on those sites, we do not hold any liability if these sites do not comply with data protection rules.
Data protection and confidentiality
Some services on this website require us to collect personal information from you. To comply with the Data Protection Act, we have a duty to tell you how we store the information we collect and how it is used.
Any information you do submit will be stored securely and will never be passed on or sold to any third party.
Transfer and storage of your information
- We only store information about you when you complete our pop up contact form.
- We store only the information that you provide.
- We use a third party service to both store the data and send out our e-newsletter and job alerts. This is called Constant Contact and also administers the stored data, in terms of deleting details on request. Constant Contact allows us to monitor the level of engagement in terms of open rates and click through rates.
- We do not share your data with any third party.
- You can unsubscribe to job alerts by either ‘unsubscribing’ on receipt of an email. This facility is always provided and will remove your details automatically. Alternatively you can simply email us at: [email protected].
- The Student Ladder operates the website
- The Student Ladder is a limited liability company operating in the UK ( registered number: 06795002). Our registered address is Beechlawn House, Hurtmore Rd, Godalming, GU7 2RA.
- Our contact telephone number is 07786381559 and our contact email address is [email protected]
- Our ICO number is:ZA552078